Medicines in School

Medication cannot be received by the office unless it is prescribed by a GP with a printed label on it from the dispensing pharmacy.

It must be in a sealed container and handed either to the Passenger Assistant (if you child travels by school transport) or in person to the school office, where a member of the office team will sign the medication in.

An ‘Agreement for school to administer prescribed medication’ must be completed and signed by the parent or carer before it can be administered.

We are unable to administer calpol, ibuprofen or any ‘over the counter medication’.  If your child needs this during the school day, a parent or carer will need to attend school to do this.

Medicines Management in Special School Nursing