PE & Sport Premium
The Primary Schools PE and Sport Premium was introduced in 2014. The funds can be spent on PE and Sport initiatives to increase physical education, active lifestyles and sports for all Primary pupils.
Each year we typically receive approximately £16,000 plus £10 per Primary pupil. We use this funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of our PE and sport curriculum.
All of our pupils participate in PE and Sport during the school week as part of their normal timetable. PE has a high profile across the school, and we feel it is our duty to promote and encourage pupils to take part in physical activity to enable them to lead healthy and active lives.
By providing positive experiences of sport and physical activity at a young age we want to develop good habits that will continue into adulthood.
For more information on the funding please click on the link below.
What is the PE and Sport Premium?
The Government provides funding of £150 million per annum to provide new, substantial primary school sport funding. This funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport and will see money going directly to primary schools to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children.
The sports funding can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools.
Purpose of the extra funding
Schools must spend the funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they have the freedom to choose how to do this.
Possible uses for the funding include:
- hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teachers when teaching PE
- new or additional Change4Life sport clubs
- paying for professional development opportunities in PE/sport
- providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE/sport
- running sport competitions, or increasing participation in the school games
- buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE/sport
- providing places for pupils on after school sport clubs and holiday clubs
How we spend the PE and Sport Premium?
Click on any of the reports below to see how we have spent the PE and Sport Premium.
Details of how many pupils within the year 6 cohort that are meeting the NC requirement to swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of 25m is detailed on pages 3 and 4 of the most recent report below: